With the Audioarts AIR-4 12-channel radio console, Wheatstone put together exactly what needs to be in a compact radio console and made it work the way it should. The AIR-4 is based upon a simple premise: Low cost does not have to be synonymous with low quality.
The AIR-4 has four microphone preamps built in. This allows the use of a host microphone and three guest microphones with the AIR-4 without the use of any external mic preamps. It gives you 12 input faders (w/A-B source select), a 13th fader for call-ins, external machine control, two program busses, built-in cue speaker and CR, headphone and studio monitoring control. Add patchable USB connectivity for PC news, production work stations or streaming audio, and the Audioarts AIR-4 is perfect for local radio stations and internet broadcasters.
The AIR-4 design utilizes top grade components and circuits for superb performance. With basic features like machine control, cue, talkback, and mix-minus included, it’s perfect for smaller stations looking to upgrade as well as for larger facilities in need of an auxiliary studio or newsroom console.
The Audioarts AIR-4 mixing console draws upon Wheatstone Corporation’s continuing investment in the latest design, tooling, and manufacturing infrastructure. Because Wheatstone both design and manufacture their own audio consoles, in New Bern, NC, USA, they can ensure their reputation for unparalleled quality, performance, and reliability.
The AIR-4 delivers superb broadcast quality and an excellent feature set at a great value.
- 12 stereo input fader channels, each with A and B inputs and remote START logic
- 13th phone caller fader with talkback and auto mix-minus to caller
- Four high performance mic preamps with variable gain trims to precisely match your microphones; preamp outputs jumper to any input fader’s A or B input
- Two program busses with balanced outputs (switchable stereo or mono mode)
- External input feeds the monitor section (for live air or pre-delay air monitoring)
- CR room monitor switchable PGM 1, PGM 2 or external; can mute when CR mic is live
- Split cue — when any fader is in CUE, sends cue audio to left channel and L+R sum of selected monitor source to right channel (switchable separately for CR and headphone)On-air light — front panel LED between the meters, and a low current closure output to drive an external ON AIR light relay.
- Studio output with independent source selection and CR-to-studio talkback button
- Plug in faders and conductive plastic monitor pots for easy replacement
- USB connection that is patchable to any of your input faders and internally dipswitchable to pick up program 1 or program 2 output mixes. Lets the AIR-4 interface with your desktop computer for news, music sweetening functions or to stream audio mixes from and to the console.
- Built-in cue speaker can automatically interrupt your main stereo monitors
Direct wire plug terminals, balanced
Electronic differential, >2KΩ bridging
max. input -6dBu
Line (Caller, External)
+4dBu = 0VU, max. input +24dBu
Program & Caller
RJ-45 connectors, balanced
Electronic differential, 100Ω source
Impedance to drive >600Ω 0VU = +4dBu, max. output +24dBu
CR & Studio Monitor
RJ-45 connectors, unbalanced
Stereo 1/4” TRS connector to directly drive typical broadcast style headphones >200Ω
Cue speaker in meterbridge
DB-25 female connector output to drive external power amp
Frequency response ±0.1dB 20Hz-20kHz (mic & line)
Line (unity gain) 113dB
Mic (54dB gain) 100dB
24dB above -4dB
Mic -128dB EIN
Line -87dB ref 0VU
Mic <0.02% @-50dBu in, +4dBu out
Line <0.003% @+4dBu in, +4dBu out
Bus Crosstalk -90dB @1kHz
Stereo Separation -60DB @1kHz
Off Isolation -115dB @1kHz
DB-25 female connector
Low current closure to drive external on-air light relay
Channel Start Out
DB-25 female connector
Opto-isolated output closure to remote start external devices
28.4” / 72.1cm wide
15.4” / 39.1cm deep
4.4” / 11.2cm height (rear)
1.6” / 4.1cm height (front)
Weight 17 lbs / 7.7kg
Shipping weight 25 lbs / 11.3kg
Power 100-240VAC / 50-60Hz / 50W