Tieline Bridge-IT XTRA
The 1RU Bridge-IT XTRA is a cost effective, high-performance, point-to- point and multi-point stereo IP audio codec with all the features of the Bridge-IT IP codec and more!
Bridge-IT XTRA includes dual power supplies, front and rear panel stereo headphone sockets, 4 GPIO in/outs and aptX® Enhanced as standard. It also includes SD/SDHC card audio backup.
IP Audio Applications
Bridge-IT XTRA is capable of transporting audio streams reliably, simply and effectively over IP data networks such as wired and wireless LANs, WANs, the internet, satellite IP, Wi-MAX and Wi-Fi. It is perfect for:
- Studio-to-Transmitter Link (STL) applications
- Studio-to-Studio Links
- IP Multi-unicasting
- IP multicasting on compatible IP networks
- Simple remote broadcast links
Affordable IP Audio
Bridge-IT XTRA is inexpensive and allows broadcasters to expand their IP network at a fraction of the cost of competing IP codecs without compromising on broadcast quality features. Unlike most low cost IP audio codecs, Bridge-IT XTRA has all the broadcast input connectors you would expect on a full-featured codec. Simultaneous analog and digital AES/EBU audio outputs are provided on XLR connectors and it includes front and rear panel ¼” (6.35mm) stereo headphone outputs.
Simple to use
Compare Bridge-IT XTRA’s superior programming functionality and simple user interface with other low cost 1RU codecs. Bridge-IT XTRA features a full hardware front panel interface including navigation buttons, LCD display, PPM metering and dialing key pad. It can also be configured and controlled remotely using the Toolbox web-GUI interface.
Broadcast Multiple Connections
Multicast stereo audio over compatible networks to unlimited end-points, or send up to 6 stereo multi-unicast audio streams over WANs like the internet.
SmartStream PLUS: Rock Solid Audio using Inexpensive IP Links
As an IP audio pioneer, Tieline was the first major codec manufacturer to integrate SmartStream features such as Automated Jitter Buffer management, Forward Error Correction (FEC) and error concealment techniques in all IP codecs. These features dynamically respond to variable conditions over unmanaged IP networks like the public internet to ensure reliable streaming.
Now SmartStream PLUS has revolutionised IP broadcasting by delivering the rock solid and reliable STL-grade audio quality using inexpensive unmanaged IP networks like the internet for remotes and nailed up links. Some other manufacturer's charge thousands of dollars for IP managment software as if it's an optional extra. Tieline believes high performance and rock-solid reliability is an essential part of each and every broadcast and delivers its renowned SmartStream IP management software for free.
Bridge-IT XTRA comes with 16 or 24bit, 48kHz linear audio for crystal clear, low-latency uncompressed sound. Standard broadcast algorithms available include:
- AAC-LC and AAC-HE v.1 and v.2
- AAC-LD, AAC-ELD
- aptX® Enhanced
- MPEG Layer 2
- Tieline Music (15kHz)
- Tieline MusicPLUS (22kHz) which delivers stereo audio with 20 ms encode delay at 96Kbps, offering huge savings on your data bills.
- G.711 (u-law and a-law) G.722
- MP3 playback from an SD/SDHC card
Bridge-IT XTRA will connect to any SIP-enabled IP codec brand with industry standard algorithms like Opus, AAC-LC, AAC-HE, AAC-LD, AAC-ELD, MPEG Layer 2, G.711 & G.722. Bridge-IT XTRA is also EBU N/ACIP Tech 3326 compatible using SIP for connecting to other codec brands and devices. It is also internet/satellite streaming and HD radio compatible.
Insert an SD/SDHC card with MP3 or linear backup audio and Bridge-IT XTRA will automatically play out the audio if your IP service fails.
Remote Control Interfaces
4 control inputs and outputs (DB-15) are provided and the ToolBox web-GUI enables custom control of relay functionality and ancillary RS232 data connections.
- Robust DSP-based architecture designed for mission critical audio.
- Analog and Digital (AES3) inputs and outputs.
- Bidirectional Mono or Stereo.
- Multi-unicast to up to 6 endpoints.
- Multicast to unlimited endpoints over compatible networks.
- Uncompressed PCM audio plus other popular algorithms as standard, including low-delay, cascade resiliant aptX® Enhanced* algorithm, LC-AAC, HE-AAC v1 and v2, AAC-LD, AAC-ELDv1 and v2, Opus, MPEG II, MPEG Layer-3, Tieline Music and MusicPLUS, G.722 and G.711.
- Ethernet LAN port.
- Broadcast quality analog XLR inputs/outputs.
- XLR digital AES/EBU input/output.
- Simultaneous analog and digital AES/EBU audio outputs.
- SmartStream PLUS dual redundant IP streaming
- Automated failover to backup audio on SD card.
- Receive calls from codecs using Fuse-IP bonding.
- SIP (SDP) compatible with EBU N/ACIP 3326 for interoperability with other codec manufacturers.
- Configure up to 6 SIP accounts and connect up to 2 SIP interfaces.
- Selectable fixed or automatic jitter buffer: 5 automated settings available to manage network connectivity and avoid dropouts (includes configurable min and max buffer settings).
- Configurable Forward Error Correction (FEC).
- Highly advanced error concealment strategies.
- Real-time IP connection packet statistics.
- Support for Line Hunt dialing/answering and caller IDs using Tieline IP.
- Front and rear panel ¼” (6.35mm) stereo headphone output.
- 4 relay inputs and 4 opto-isolated outputs plus RS-232 for local and remote control of equipment at either end of your codec link.
- USB slave connection for codec configuration.
- Full hardware front panel interface including navigation, LCD display, PPM metering and dialing key pad.
- User-friendly HTML5 Toolbox Web-GUI enables codec configuration and control remotely over WANs.
- Auto switching, dual redundant internal AC power supplies.
- IPv4 & IPv6 compatible and ready.
- Low latency in-band RS-232 aux data channel.
- Configurable software rules engine via web-GUI for Control Port functions, plus WheatNet-IP LIO compatibility.
- Upgrade firmware from an SD card.
- Backup and restore configuration via SD card.
- Automated firmware upgrade notifications via Web-GUI.
- Support for multiple languages: English, Spanish, Portuguese and French.
- Backward compatible with all Tieline IP codecs.
- User name and password protection of codec and Toolbox Web-GUI.
- Support for SSL Security Certificate installation.
- SIP Whitelists and Blacklists allow filtering of SIP URIs and User Agents.
MPEG Layer-3 audio coding technology licensed from Fraunhofer IIS and Thomson Licensing.