The Phase Checker allows fast testing of the polarity of acoustic transducers, microphones and electronic devices. Sophisticated signal processing allows fast and accurate determination of the absolute polarity unimpaired by passive crossovers or signal waveform distortions produced by the device under test.
The test system consists of two units: the Signal Generator and the detector.
To check acoustical or electrical phasing, the Generator is connected to the input of the device under test whereas the detector picks up the output signal. Subsequent signal processing enables the detector to decide whether the device under test reverses signal phase or not. The result of the test procedure is displayed via two LEDS, the green one indicating the "in phase" and the red one indicating the "out of phase" condition.
Green "in phase"
Red "out of phase"
Due to the versatile Input/Output structure of both the Generator and the detector any combination of acoustical and electrical input and output may be realized.
- Both acoustical and electrical output.
- XLR output connector may be switched to either 2 or 3 hot.
- Steplessly adjustable output level
- Floating low-impedance balanced output.
- Loudspeaker direct drive capability.
- Integrated high-effeciency loudspeaker.
- Both acoustical and electrical input.
- 3 position input selector: MIC-LINE-MIC ext.
- XLR input may be switched to either 2 or 3 hot
- Integrated condenser type microphone.
- Epoxy encapsulated shock-proof ciruitry.
- 2 LED coloured display.
Rugged die-cast enclosure.
Exclusive use of high-grade components, e.g. gold-plated switches, for maximum riliability.
Power supply (each device):
1 PP3 size 9 V battery.
Battery life: 50 hours using alkaline cells.
- Output level max. + 5,5 V peak
- Min. source impedance: < 10 Ohms
- Puls spectrum covers entire audio frequency range
- Line input impedance: 10 KOhm
- Mic. ext. input impedance: 1 KOhm
- Min. MIC input voltage: 10 mV
- Min. LINE input voltage: 250 mV
- Max. LINE input voltage: 50 V