iXm always sounds fantastic thanks to our revolutionary LEA engine.
Yellowtec designed iXm to become the finest reporter microphone ever. One of the most challenging requirements was a perfect auto leveling. Their engineers managed to develop an excitingly innovative procedure: the LEA engine. Whether whisper or cry you will always enjoy a perfect level. LEA lets you do amazing recordings even under stressful conditions. No AGC and no artefacts. Try it out, you will be amazed.
Silent buttons. All the feedback, none of the noise.
An incredible amount of design attention was put into iXm’s every detail. The buttons are rugged, large, and dust/waterproof; smooth to the touch yet reliable in repetitive field operations. Most importantly, they produce no handling noise. With total control under your thumb, you can focus on what you do best.
Hello, easy dashboard. Goodbye, complex display.
One of the first things you’ll notice about iXm is that it’s extremely easy to use. A major design goal for Yellowtec was accomplished with the LEA, which allowed them to conceive a dashboard consisting of only three light-up icons: Recording Status, Battery Status and Memory Status. Moreover, the dashboard is exactly where you’d expect it, well-positioned and always visible. There’s no better way, day or night, to keep your recordings under control. Free from monitoring, you can devote full concentration to your interview and enjoy a hassle-free, more personal recording.
Port panel. You're free to roll.
The port panel on the iXm’s bottom holds all the interfaces you need. There’s a USB 2.0 port for downloading your recordings, recharging the internal battery and configuring iXm with your personal preferences. The SD card slot is well-protected against accidental ejection. An integrated headphone output makes for easy field checks. We’ve also included a 3.5mm jack for recording line levels, and a connector for an optional speed charger.
Cooler Heads Prevail.
The Twist-Off-Twist-On (TOTO) exchangeable mic heads help you create your ideal recording environment. Whether you require a cardioid, super-cardioid or omnidirectional pickup pattern, you can easily shift gears on the spot. TOTO’s auto-sensing detects which type of mic head you’re using and automatically adapts the DSP to the right parameters, with no need for any manual settings.
Unbeatable stamina. Intelligent power management.
The unique dual-power supply offers an unbelievable total operation time of up to 16 hours. And that’s not all: iXm comes with a built-in, rechargeable lithium-ion battery and a battery compartment for three standard AA cells. Plus, our intelligent power management system will automatically load-balance power sources, so you’ll never run out of juice. Even if you’re involved in something that sees you depleting power like there’s no tomorrow, iXm’s dashboard warns you well in advance so you can keep the AA batteries handy for another eight hours of pro action.
Playback, in situ.
Use the built-in headphone output to listen to your recordings during a field check. Use the playback keys to jump from track to track. Human voice announcements will guide you through the recording, negating the need to follow track indicators. It doesn’t get any easier (or more localized) than that.
Storage and memory - to SD or SDHC.
In the interest of making your work easier, more secure and more reliable, iXm has a built-in SD/SDHC memory card slot. Recording capacity is based on widely-available SD and SDHC cards, up to 32GB. If you share iXm with other team members, take your SD card with you and use it with any external SD card reader. Or, if you don’t wish to swap memory cards, you can download your recordings via USB straight to a computer for sharing and editing.
Never miss a word. Never hear a click.
With an adjustable “pre-roll” recording buffer, you’ll never miss a conversation. Whenever you start an interview, iXm adds up to 30 seconds of previously buffered audio. And thanks to our click-free buttons, you’ll only hear what you intended to record.
- Frequency Response 20 Hz - 20 kHz +/- 1,5 dB @ 44.1 + 48 kHz
- Input refered noise -105 dB (@60dB Gain)
- THD+N 0,01% @ 20 dB GainTHD+N
- Gain Up to 60dB gain
- High Pass Filter 12 dB/oct. @ 80, 100, 120, 150, 180, 200 Hz (switchable)
- Capsule Filter 3 times parametric filters autoselected by capsule type recognition
- Line Input Level (balanced) -20 dBu …. 6 dBu @FS
- Line Input Level Unbalanced -20 dBu …. 0 dBu @FS
- THD+N 0,01% or -78 dB @ -3 dBFS
- Line Output Level Balanced -20 dBu …. 6 dBu @FS
- Line Output Level Unbalanced -20 dBu …. 0 dBu @FS
- Line Output Frequency Response 20 Hz - 20 kHz +/- 1 dB @ 44.1 and 48 kHz
- THD+N 0,01% or -78 dB @ -3 dBFS
- Sampling Frequenzy 48 kHz, 44.1 kHz, 32 kHz
- Bit Resolution 16 Bit
- Audio Formats Linear PCM, MPEG 1 Layer 2
- Bit rates MPEG mono 128, 160, 192 kbps
- Bit rates MPEG dual channel 256, 320, 384 kbps
- Number of Channels 1 Mono or 2 dual channel (Mono)
- Minimum Impedance 16 Ohm
- Output Power 40 mW @ 16 Ohm
- Memory Card SD or SDHC Memory Card up to 16 GB
- File System FAT16 FAT32 (SD-CARD)
- File Format BWF, WAV, MP2, Support of BWF Header information (Version 0)
- Data Connection USB 2.0
- Recording Time Recording Time depends on SD-Card and File-Format. Example: 2 GB = 22,75hrs @192 kBps mono.
Dimensions and Weight
- Total Length Recorder 193mm
- Diameter Recorder 38mm
- Weight Recorder 283g