The IP-88A-3 converts each hardware physical input -- audio or logic -- to a data stream on the network, and converts data streams to hardware digital outputs. It handles analogue input and output, each with eight stereo channels, 16 mono channels, or any combination totaling 16 discrete channels. It also provides twelve channels of universal logic (GPIO); all signals are routable anywhere on the WheatNet-IP network.
ABOUT ALL I/O BLADE-3S:
I/O BLADEs are far more than mere access units connecting studios, elements and Wheatstone control surfaces in the WheatNet-IP Intelligent Network.
Yes, I/O BLADEs convert audio and logic inputs to data streams on the network and convert outgoing data streams to hardware outputs.
But these 1RU I/O units – which come in analogue, digital and analogue/digital I/O units - also have intelligence inside. Each I/O BLADE comes with a CPU and operating system so you can do amazing things with your audio network, starting with routable mixing, logic-follow-audio and a whole lot more.
Each of these access units, or BLADEs, communicates at lightning speed across the network via Gigabit Ethernet interface, and includes logic control, utility mixers and a dedicated controller that gives it its own intelligence. Each BLADE holds the entire brain trust of the studio operation for exceptional redundancy and scalability.
Every WheatNet-IP BLADE access unit is self-aware, and can reconfigure itself in an emergency. In fact, each BLADE in the network can recover settings for your entire studio operation!
More than a mere node, this BLADE has two eight-channel utility mixers for mixing, summing and controlling audio. With all that functionality built-in, this sleek unit could save you up to 50% in network hardware costs alone.
IP-88 A BLADE-3 FEATURES:
- 8 stereo channels, 16 mono channels, or any combination totaling 16 discrete channels, all analogue.
- RJ45 connectors for audio (8 in, 8 out)
- Four D-Sub connectors for audio (2 in, 2 out)
EVERY I/O BLADE-3 FEATURES:
- CPU with OS and standalone operation
- 24-bit A/D and D/A convertors
- 1RU, no fans
- AES67 compatible
- One Gigabit Ethernet port
- Two stereo 8x2 utility mixers
- Stereo multiband processor
- Embedded audio playback
- Silence sensing can be applied to any outputs
- 12 universal logic ports (GPIO) on 2 RJ-45 connectors
- 128 software logic ports
- Front panel headphone jack
- Two colourful OLED displays on front
ANALOGUE BLADE I/O
- Inputs Electronic differential, >10KΩ (bridging) Optimum source impedance <1KΩ
- Outputs <10Ω, 20Hz-20kHz Optimum load impedance >600Ω
- DB25 Female, requires DB25 Male cable end connectors
- RJ45, requires straight-wired RJ45 plugs
Frequency response ±0.25dB, 20Hz-20kHz, ref +4dBu
THD+n 0.04%, 20Hz-20kHz, ref +4dBu
Noise -85dBu; -109dBr ref max level out
Gain range ±18db, inputs and outputs
Maximum input +24dBu
Maximum output +24dBu
A>D converter ADC enhanced dual bit, 24 bit resolution
D>A converter DAC 24bit advanced
Connector RJ45 (2), 12 channels
Voltage +5VDC to GND, +5VDC and GND provided
Current 100mA max source/sink
Cable CAT5E or CAT6
Audio transport Gigabit Ethernet 1000BASE-T, used for all BLADE-to-BLADE audio traffic
Utility interface 100BASE-TX for future use
Sample rate 44.1 or 48kHz, user selectable in software
Sync Internal or external, External sync input on any I/O digital BLADE
Reference level 0dBFS=+4dBu (+4dBu=1.23VRMS)
Latency 0.5mS, BLADE to switch to BLADE
19"/48.3cm wide, 1-3/4"/4.5cm high
15-1/4"/38.7cm deep with connectors
Shipping weight 14lbs/6.4kg